Footgolf has come to Brookside Golf Course. Please call Brookside to reserve a tee time. Contact Us if you would like to arrange a Footgolf Outing.
Frequently Asked Questions, rates, rules and other information can be found below.
What Is Footgolf?
FootGolf is the combination of golf and soccer played at your local golf course. It is played by kicking a soccer ball on a golf course with the objective of getting the ball into an oversized (21-inch in diameter) hole in the fewest amount of kicks. It’s 99% golf minus the equipment.
When Can You Play?
Players make tee times just as golfers would. Depending on the course they may have designated times for Footgolf. Many courses have successfully integrated Footgolf into their “anytime” schedules. This allows golfers and footgolfers to play simultaneously throughout the day!
Why Play Footgolf?
Anyone can do it! You just have to be able to kick a ball. It is fun for the whole family. It’s much less
expensive, and there is no equipment required other than a soccer ball. It is great exercise. It can be used as a social or team building experience. You can hold fundraiser or charity outings as well. It’s quick. Players can play an 18-hole course in 2 hours. It is for both recreational players and competitive players.
Who invented Footgolf and when?
Footgolf was invented by half the people we know who have ever kicked a soccer ball. But, the rules were first penciled in 2009 for an event which took place in the Netherlands. Since then, country after country has followed the example and it has now spread to over 30 countries worldwide.
What do I need to play?
Bring your own soccer ball. A #5 for adults and #3 or#4 for juniors. Wear turf shoes, athletic shoes, or indoor soccer shoes. NO SOCCER CLEATS ALLOWED.
Dress in golf clothes or comfortable athletic wear. Shirts are to be worn at all times while playing.
Do I have to make a tee time?
We strongly recommend that you call in advance to book your Tee Time to insure you and your group are able to get off during you desired time. Tee times are subject to course availability due to leagues, outings and events.
Are their age restrictions to play at Footgolf?
There is no age restriction as long as your group keeps the pace of play at a good rate for the other golfers. Players 10 and under must be supervised by a player or non playing adult 18 years old or older.
Do you walk or use a cart?
Either. But it is actually quicker to walk because you are not hitting the ball hundreds of yards. Walking also encourages exercise and the endurance component of the game.
|45th Anniversary Special|
|Adult – 5 Rounds||$45|
|Youth – 6 Rounds||$45|
|Walking 18 Holes||Adult – $10|
|Walking 18 Holes||Junior – $8|
|Riding 18 Holes||Adult – $17|
|Riding 18 Holes||Junior – $15|
* Junior is 18 years of age and under. You must be 18 years old to drive the cart.
- Your ball must be easy to identify
- Review your scorecard and wait your turn. Make sure you kick will not interfere with other players.
- Kick off your ball in a position behind the tee marker
- The ball must be played in a single movement. You are not allowed to push the ball withthe top or bottom of your foot. Your foot should be separate from the ball, clearly behind,before each kick.
- Wait to play until the ball has completely come to rest. It is not legal to stop the ball from rolling in the wind.
- Play the ball from where it lies. You are not allowed to move the ball or remove jammed objects. Exception: You may mark and move the ball when it may obstruct other playerskick or ball in any way.
- The player farthest from the hole is first to kick the ball.
- The order of play is established based on the score of the previous hole. Best score kicks first.
- Water hazard –Place the ball within two steps from the point of entry, no closer to the hole, or re-kick from previous spot. One stroke penalty.
- Out of bounds –White stakes. Place ball within two steps from where the ball crossed between the stakes. One stroke penalty.
- No soccer cleats allowed. Turf shoes, athletic shoes or indoor soccer shoes recommended.
- Do not drive carts on or around golf greens.
www.ashlandbrooksidegolfcourse.com (419) 289-7933